We are pleased to announce: STARCON’s “Name The Alien Dude” Contest
We have a new mascot for STARCON. But our mascot doesn’t have a name!
All you have to do is come up with a name we find interesting, unique and appropriate to the theme of STARCON Conventions. The best name entry will win a trip for two to STARCON 2012. The Trip for Two includes Airfare, Hotel Stay for three nights and Two VIP Tickets to STARCON 2012.
So think of great names for the “Dude”!
Here’s how it works: When you register for STARCON at the convention, you will be given one entry per convention ticket. During the convention, the best name will be chosen by STARCON staff and announced at the end of the convention.
Rules and Regulations for the “Name The Alien Dude” are noted below:
STARCON CONTEST RULES
1. (a)”Contest Period” starts at 8:10am on February 28, 2011 and ends at 4:10pm on June 26, 2011, the “Contest Closing Date”. To enter, complete an entry to the contest at Registration to STARCON 2011.
(b) Once the ballot and chosen name for Name The Alien Dude has been submitted, the ballot will be deemed a selected entrant and the game commences. In order to win, the name for the Alien Dude will be chosen by STARCON staff over the convention weekend, June 24 to 26, 2011. If two identical names for the Alien Dude are found, the first name chosen (picked from the ballot box) will be the winner. If there is a dispute, the decision, which will be final, will be made by the Management of STARCON in its sole discretion.
(c) In the event that a selected entrant incorrectly answers the skill testing question, declines the prize, or fails to return a signed release and acknowledgment form as specified below, the prize will be forfeited.
2. No purchase, expenditure or investment is necessary to enter this Contest. All prizes must be accepted as awarded, may not be transferred or exchanged. Starcon reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal or greater value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize.
3. Participants will have a chance to win a trip for two to STARCON 2012. This includes economy airfare for two from the winners home city to Vancouver, three nights accommodation at the hotel selected for STARCON conventions, and 2 VIP tickets to attend STARCON.
4. In order to claim the prize, selected entrants must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited, mathematical skill testing question at a mutually convenient time. STARCON judges’ rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the Contest and the awarding of prizes.
5. Contestants will be required to return a signed release and acknowledgment form before being declared a winner.
6. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the use of his/her entry, name, and city of residence and/or photograph, voice or video recording in any publicity carried out by STARCON and its advertising agencies, without further compensation. Winners consent to their photograph being taken by STARCON for such use, without further compensation. All entries become the property of STARCON.
7. This Contest is open to all attendees at STARCON, 18 years of age and older as of the date of entry, except employees of STARCON, its parent and affiliate companies; its representatives and agents, the Contest suppliers, any persons residing in their respective households  and any immediate family members . The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
8. No communications will be entered into except with the selected entrants.
9. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries who entered during the Contest Period. STARCON is unaware of how many entrants there may be. The winners may come from any eligible geographic area, so long as they otherwise qualify to enter the Contest.
10. This Contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by STARCON. Entrants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules if they participate in the Contest.
11. The terms of this Contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
 Household is defined as a separate, self-contained residence which has a unique municipal address. Proof may be required to be provided to ensure compliance with this rule. STARCON in its sole discretion will determine whether a household meets this condition.
 Immediate family members are defined as parent(s) (including step parents), spouse (including common law and same sex), spouse of the father or mother (including common law and same sex), father-in-law (including common law and same sex), mother-in-law (including common law and same sex), brother (including step brother and brother-in-law), sister (including step sister and sister-in-law), children (including adopted and stepchildren) and grandparents.